Optimist or pessimist? The metaphor often used to illustrate this dichotomy is; “Is the glass half full or half empty?” Here are some fun variations on how some of my KomBea cohorts may answer:
• Investor (Tim), “The glass is undervalued by half its potential.”
• BOD (Dave), “Are shareholders happier with the glass being half empty or half full?”
• CTO (Dave), “The glass is full with half liquid and half gas.”
• COO (Ronnie), “Client, this is the best drink you’ll ever have!”
• CRO (Erik), “Prospect, do you want ice or no ice?”
• Finance (Josh), “Save your receipt so that you can be reimbursed.”
• Legal (Chris), “Do we have a signed NDA on the subject.”
• Sales Support (Nathan), “What’s in the glass is more valuable than what’s not in the glass.”
• Sr Engineer (Peter), “If half full = half empty; then, ½ x F = ½ x E; multiply both sides of the equation by 2, F = E; then Full equals Empty.”
• Sr Engineer (Jon), “The glass is over-designed for the quantity of water.”
• Admin (Vickie), “Why ask the question?”
• Acct Mgr (Michael), “the words “full” and “empty” are misused, full is full, empty is empty.”
• SE (Bob), “Good question, I suggest you empty the glass and refill it.”
• CSR (AJ), “Can you hold while I find out for you? Your call is important to us.”
#artcoombs #author #writer #publicspeaker #business #humanconnection #leadership #leadnotmanage #ceomindset #leader #businesstip #startups #culture #personaldevelopment #storytelling #selfhelp #ethics #management #entrepreneurship #optimistic #optimist #pessimistic #pessimist #glasshalffull
Don’t Just Manage Lead!
In Don’t Just Manage—Lead! you’ll learn what it takes to become an effective leader, someone who will help guide and motivate others to achieve success. Art F. Coombs, the Utah based author and CEO, provides the most comprehensive and authoritative account of a true leader’s life and career. Loaded with heartfelt, real life experiences of what it takes to lead thousands of employees, Coombs presents his journey from business student to corporate CEO. With these real-world examples, he shows how true leaders can influence behavior, shape goals, and encourage the very best from others.Buy Now
Today, the world needs human connection more than ever. It needs people who strive for deeper relationships, not just surface recognition, who come at life with the enthusiasm, energy, and excitement that bind people together. These people have a powerful impact on all around them. Leadership guru Art Coombs combines fresh perspectives, profound experience, engaging information, and unforgettable stories into a simple formula that will result in rich connections as you live, laugh, learn, love, and lead those who mean the most to you. Begin today to live the authentic, abundant life you were meant to as you build and shape the connections that change everything.Buy Now
Art has also served as executive vice president of business development and strategic initiatives for First-Source; CEO and founder of Echopass Corporation (the world’s premier contact center hosting environment, which was acquired by Genesys for about $110 million); CEO of Sento Corporation; and managing director and VP of European business development for Sykes Enterprises.
Art is a widely-published author of methodologies for BPO/contact centers, outsourcing, customer service, and technical support, and has served in leadership positions at Hewlett-Packard, VLSI Research, and RasterOps.