Chatting with a friend, I was expressing my frustration with a particular situation and person. During the conversation, I said, “I hate it when people do X or don’t do Y.” My friend shut me down and said, “Art, I am hearing a lot about hate.”
Ugh! Don’t you hate it (wink) when a friend calls you out? He was spot-on. Hell, I am part of the problem. It sucks when you come to that realization — heavy sigh.
So I got to thinking. Who do I like?
I like people who:
- are truly happy for a friend’s success
- trust 100% until given a reason not to
- say “it’s my bad” publicly
- wear ratty, stained t-shirts in public
- are kind while angry
- don’t ask me to remove my shoes in their home
- belly laugh at their own jokes
- give strangers compliments for no reason
- will shovel horse manure with me
- turn their phones off in meetings, theaters, & during meals
- wash their hands in the restroom
- don’t try to convert me to their beliefs
- leave positive notes for others
- will defend others when not present
- make friends with strangers in an elevator
- politically disagree with me & remain pals
- aren’t afraid to be silly in public
- occasionally swear
- are OK with fast food now & then
- secretly pay for another’s meal
So – Who do you like?
#artcoombs #authorartcoombs #arthurfcoombs #dontmanagelead #humanconnection #hardeasy #happiness #leanintohappy #happy #opportunity #lifequotes #simpletruths #unhappiness #makeyourselfhappy #sortahappy #RT #FF #TBT #positivevibes #positivity #surroundyourselfwithgoodpeople #follow #retweet #love #FollowFriday
Don’t Just Manage Lead!
In Don’t Just Manage—Lead! you’ll learn what it takes to become an effective leader, someone who will help guide and motivate others to achieve success. Art F. Coombs, the Utah based author and CEO, provides the most comprehensive and authoritative account of a true leader’s life and career. Loaded with heartfelt, real life experiences of what it takes to lead thousands of employees, Coombs presents his journey from business student to corporate CEO. With these real-world examples, he shows how true leaders can influence behavior, shape goals, and encourage the very best from others.Buy Now
Today, the world needs human connection more than ever. It needs people who strive for deeper relationships, not just surface recognition, who come at life with the enthusiasm, energy, and excitement that bind people together. These people have a powerful impact on all around them. Leadership guru Art Coombs combines fresh perspectives, profound experience, engaging information, and unforgettable stories into a simple formula that will result in rich connections as you live, laugh, learn, love, and lead those who mean the most to you. Begin today to live the authentic, abundant life you were meant to as you build and shape the connections that change everything.Buy Now
Art has also served as executive vice president of business development and strategic initiatives for First-Source; CEO and founder of Echopass Corporation (the world’s premier contact center hosting environment, which was acquired by Genesys for about $110 million); CEO of Sento Corporation; and managing director and VP of European business development for Sykes Enterprises.
Art is a widely-published author of methodologies for BPO/contact centers, outsourcing, customer service, and technical support, and has served in leadership positions at Hewlett-Packard, VLSI Research, and RasterOps.