A big travel week and Mother Nature isn’t cooperating.
10 travel tips.
- Be kind to gate agents; about delays or cancelations, they’re merely the messenger.
- While boarding, find your seat quickly. Jamming up the aisle while you find a pillow is rude.
- You think your clever putting your bag over row 6 when you are in row 36, but it creates problems for everyone else.
- If someone is struggling to load a carry-on overhead, jump up and help.
- While on the ground, keep your loud, important work calls to yourself. And dropping the F-bomb every sentence makes you look like a twerp with no real vocabulary.
- If you have a “Therapy Pet”, be sensitive to those with pet allergies. You have a right to therapy, while others have the right to not break out in hives.
- If sick, please bring cough drops. The sound of a phlegmy cough, while trying to get some shuteye, is maddening.
- Crying babies? Instead of casting ugly looks, be empathetic and offer to help.
- Trying to use the lavatory while flight attendants are in the aisle, and asking them to back their cart back 30 rows is ridiculous.
- Tight connections, doesn’t give you the right to bulldoze over others, declaring, “I have a tight connection” — many on the flight have the same challenge.
What did I miss?
#artcoombs #authorartcoombs #arthurfcoombs #dontmanagelead #humanconnection #hardeasy #happiness #lifequotes #RT #FF #TBT #positivevibes #positivity #opposingbeliefs #flight #flyingweekend #thanksgivingweekend #airline #flyingpointers #follow #retweet #love #FollowFriday
Don’t Just Manage Lead!
In Don’t Just Manage—Lead! you’ll learn what it takes to become an effective leader, someone who will help guide and motivate others to achieve success. Art F. Coombs, the Utah based author and CEO, provides the most comprehensive and authoritative account of a true leader’s life and career. Loaded with heartfelt, real life experiences of what it takes to lead thousands of employees, Coombs presents his journey from business student to corporate CEO. With these real-world examples, he shows how true leaders can influence behavior, shape goals, and encourage the very best from others.Buy Now
Today, the world needs human connection more than ever. It needs people who strive for deeper relationships, not just surface recognition, who come at life with the enthusiasm, energy, and excitement that bind people together. These people have a powerful impact on all around them. Leadership guru Art Coombs combines fresh perspectives, profound experience, engaging information, and unforgettable stories into a simple formula that will result in rich connections as you live, laugh, learn, love, and lead those who mean the most to you. Begin today to live the authentic, abundant life you were meant to as you build and shape the connections that change everything.Buy Now
Art has also served as executive vice president of business development and strategic initiatives for First-Source; CEO and founder of Echopass Corporation (the world’s premier contact center hosting environment, which was acquired by Genesys for about $110 million); CEO of Sento Corporation; and managing director and VP of European business development for Sykes Enterprises.
Art is a widely-published author of methodologies for BPO/contact centers, outsourcing, customer service, and technical support, and has served in leadership positions at Hewlett-Packard, VLSI Research, and RasterOps.