Kindness is becoming a lost art. I challenge you to do a few of these acts of compassion this weekend.
- Write a hand-written thank-you or great-job note. The note doesn’t have to be long; people love to receive them.
- When a person is talking to you, put your phone down and really listen to them.
- Does someone owe you money? Forgive the debt.
- When you have a kind thought about someone, tell them. This is important. Don’t hold back. Give sincere compliments.
- If someone is dealing with money challenges, find a way to help secretly. If not secretly, openly.
- Hold a door open, even for people who are further away from the door than usual.
- While out to lunch, anonymously pay for someone else. Watch what happens when they discover a kind stranger has paid for their meal.
- Think of individuals in your life, what help do they need? Don’t wait to be asked. Just act.
- If a friend or family member is struggling, make sure they know you are there for them.
- Be a calm voice in a stressful situation.
- Take a friend to dinner for no reason.
- Give flowers, just because.
- Standing in a line? Let someone go ahead of you.
- Donate your time or $ to a charity.
- Use “Please” and “Thank You”.
Afterward, pay close attention to your happiness meter.
#artcoombs #authorartcoombs #arthurfcoombs #dontmanagelead #humanconnection #hardeasy #happiness #lifequotes #RT #FF #TBT #positivevibes #positivity #opposingbeliefs #compliments #kindness #sharekindness #bekindtooneanother #ellendegeneres #follow #retweet #love #FollowFriday
Don’t Just Manage Lead!
In Don’t Just Manage—Lead! you’ll learn what it takes to become an effective leader, someone who will help guide and motivate others to achieve success. Art F. Coombs, the Utah based author and CEO, provides the most comprehensive and authoritative account of a true leader’s life and career. Loaded with heartfelt, real life experiences of what it takes to lead thousands of employees, Coombs presents his journey from business student to corporate CEO. With these real-world examples, he shows how true leaders can influence behavior, shape goals, and encourage the very best from others.Buy Now
Today, the world needs human connection more than ever. It needs people who strive for deeper relationships, not just surface recognition, who come at life with the enthusiasm, energy, and excitement that bind people together. These people have a powerful impact on all around them. Leadership guru Art Coombs combines fresh perspectives, profound experience, engaging information, and unforgettable stories into a simple formula that will result in rich connections as you live, laugh, learn, love, and lead those who mean the most to you. Begin today to live the authentic, abundant life you were meant to as you build and shape the connections that change everything.Buy Now
Art has also served as executive vice president of business development and strategic initiatives for First-Source; CEO and founder of Echopass Corporation (the world’s premier contact center hosting environment, which was acquired by Genesys for about $110 million); CEO of Sento Corporation; and managing director and VP of European business development for Sykes Enterprises.
Art is a widely-published author of methodologies for BPO/contact centers, outsourcing, customer service, and technical support, and has served in leadership positions at Hewlett-Packard, VLSI Research, and RasterOps.